It’s that time of year again! The sun is shining and the weather is warm. But, with the heat comes the risk of dehydration and heat stroke. So, how can you stay cool this summer without spending a fortune on air conditioning? Ayurveda, an ancient Indian system of medicine, has some tips for staying cool naturally.
Here are a few quick and easy Ayurvedic tips to keep you cool this summer:
- Ayurvedic practitioners recommend drinking plenty of fluids, especially water, to stay hydrated. They also suggest avoiding caffeine and alcohol, which can dehydrate the body.
- To keep your digestive system working properly during the summer months, Ayurvedic experts recommend eating light meals that are easy to digest. They also suggest avoiding spicy foods, which can aggravate Pitta dosha, one of the three ayurvedic body types.
- Finally, Ayurveda recommends using cooling oils and spices in your cooking to help balance Pitta dosha. Some cooling spices include fennel, coriander and cumin. You can also add cooling herbs such as mint or basil to your water or tea.
- Watermelons are a great summer fruit because they are so refreshing and full of water. Eating them can help you stay hydrated and cool during the hot summer months. Vegetables like cucumbers and celery are also great for staying hydrated, and juicing them can be a great way to get all the nutrients they offer without having to eat them whole.
- Coconut water can help you stay hydrated and refreshed on a hot day. It is also a good source of electrolytes, which can help you stay hydrated and energized during summer activities.
It’s no secret that the summer can be tough on our bodies. The heat and humidity can sap our energy, leaving us feeling sluggish and drained. But there’s no need to suffer through the season – there are plenty of ways to stay cool and comfortable, without resorting to harsh chemicals or artificial cooling methods.
One of the best ways to beat the heat is by following some of the tips above. Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that emphasizes balance and harmony in the body, mind, and spirit. These tried-and-true tips will help you stay cool, calm, and collected all summer long.
So what are you waiting for? Start incorporating these Ayurvedic tips into your summer routine and enjoy the season without a sweat!